Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pantry Cleanse





It dawned on me the other day that I couldn't find one thing in my pantry without digging around, and removing food. It is so frustrating when you are in a hurry to make dinner, and you can't find the one single item you need. Of course, the thing you need is always in the back, in the far corner you never would have thought it to be! GRRR!


So, I cleaned that mess, organized all the food, threw some stuff out, and voila!, a clean pantry!

Isn't it pretty? The top shelf is the food I buy for emergencies. You know, the months when something unexpected pops up and demands all your money? Yep, that's what it is for. The second shelf is my canned food, and the food I store in jars. A couple months ago I found these tiny moths all in my food, so now I store in jars. It took three garbage bags of bad food to learn the glass jar trick! The third shelf holds breakfast foods, and the little extras I need. The glass jar on the right is brewing buttermilk for tomorrow. The fourth shelf holds our extra food when we buy in bulk. I also store my jam and jellies here, as well as the sugar, and popcorn. The fifth shelf is.....empty! I cleared a whole shelf, and I have no clue how I will use it yet! How great is that! There is a sixth shelf, but my camera couldn't fit it. It pretty unspectacular anyway, and just holds some pans.

Hope you enjoyed my pantry! Next up, the fridge....duh duh duh!! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment