Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday




I am back on the menu planning wagon now that school will be back in session. I have been the laziest, unmotivated mother this summer, and it has been great!! Absolutely fantastic! If I could extend our summer vacation another month I would, but the kids are begging for structure, and so I must willingly respond. When the kids say they need to do lessons, then their little brains must really be feigning for it.

So, for this week I am going to be getting out the dusty home management binder, tweak a few schedules, and begin menu planning. So, without further ado, here is the first plan for the week:

Monday: Homemade Tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, watermelon

Tuesday: Homemade Pizza (crust recipe to be posted soon) with all the fixings, breadsticks

Wednesday: Vegetarian Chili, cornbread

Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans

Friday: Chipotle Bean Burritos, Salsa

Saturday: Leftover night with a salad

Sunday: Fried Rice with a whole lot of vegetables

So, there you have it! I am going easy this week, and utilizing all my mechanical servants to make my job easier. Gotta love it!

2 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great! I have yet to find a good tomato soup recipe, so I'll be trying out the one you linked up to. My son loves it with grilled cheese sandwiches.

    Glad you liked the bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to try this recipe! It is ever so fattening, but very good...and easy! Let me know how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete