Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A New Bread Recipe....I am excited!

If there is one thing you must know about me, it is that I love to bake pretty much anything. I don't think I have ever baked something and not enjoyed it. The process is a blast, but the actual baking part is what does me in. The enticing smells coming from the kitchen is enough to make my heart sing! A house feels so homey when there is the smell of cookies in the air.

For a couple years I have baked bread using my bread machine, and have tried a ton of different recipes. Some were good, others just OK. I have never been floored from a great sandwich bread recipe, but I would love to experience it! I happened upon a blog that posted the "Perfect Sandwich Bread" recipe that combines ingredients that I have never done before, so I am hoping this will be perfect for my family. It is rising in the bread machine as we speak, and when it is done, I will let you all know how it went. Keep your fingers crossed!

Here is the recipe. It does look perfect, doesn't it? Click on the link to view the blog, and if you like it, make sure you leave her a comment!

Perfect Sandwich Bread


Ingredients:
1 cup lukewarm water
1 TB milk
2 TB oil (vegetable, olive, canola...it all works fine)
2 TB honey
2 TB brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp yeast

Directions:
Put all ingredients into a bread machine in the order according to your manufacturer's instructions (the above list is how I add mine).
Set your machine to the Dough cycle (my machine takes 90 minutes).
After the cycle is complete, remove the dough and place it into a well-greased loaf pan.
Brush the top with a small amount of oil (optional, but gives the bread a nice shine & crust).
Cover the pan with a dish towel and place in a warm spot of your kitchen. (I put mine in an oven that I preheated to 200 degrees, then turned off).
Let the dough rise for 30-45 minutes.
Remove the towel and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment