Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Post List Post

OK, so I didn't get everything done, but I did manage to get through lessons without any tears! Score one on the happy meter! As you all know, this is the first year going independent, and I was expecting some resistance from the kiddos. Instead I got smiles, and was told they were actually having fun! I know there will be bumps in the road, so I am going to ride this wave with a big grin while it lasts!

I am having some issues with what to do about history and science. Should I do unit studies, use a curriculum, lap books? I just don't know. I would really like to do these subjects with both children at the same time, so I don't think a curriculum would work unless I buy a book somewhere in the middle. Any advice?

Here is my to-do list from yesterday. What I did is in bold. I am happy to report that the list is almost done!

-Scour Kitchen- Yep, the kitchen is begging to have a good cleaning.
-Make Focaccia bread
-Make sandwich bread
-Make pizza dough
-Water flowers
-Wash bathtubs, and showers
-Do a load of whites
-Clean the 5 yr olds room
-Hang pictures
-Start writing lesson plans
-Dance class tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment