Thursday, September 2, 2010

Craft of the Day

I don't know about you but I find a ton of broken crayons all over the house. I am talkin' under couches, between cushions, in my car, in drawers, and shoved back into that poor cardboard crayon box.

So what did we do with those broken crayons?

We tore off the paper..


broke the crayons into smaller pieces, but not too small. I would say about a half an inch to an inch...


tried to group the crayons by like colors into a muffin tin. As you can see, that didn't go so well!


Then we put the crayons into a 400 degree preheated oven until melted. Result? Wala, big colorful crayons! But before you make these I have a tip for you that is very important. Leave the pan in the oven until cooled. If you try to remove it the colors will mix, resulting in a brown crayon. Not pretty!


The kids thought these were the coolest! They colored and colored and colored to their hearts content! That is until the three year old decided they were all hers, and she shoved them into her clothes while running away! Gotta love that girl!


Stay tuned for tomorrow. My camera is going to follow me so I can show you what we do in a day! That should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment